The Virginia College Advising Corps seeks service-minded, motivated undergraduates in their last semesters to serve as College Advisers in our partner high schools. To get started, or if you still have questions after reading the information below, contact Assistant Director Jeron Baker. If you want perspective on the position from a current adviser or have questions about a specific placement, please contact the current Adviser at that school.
- A Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 2019, 2020 or 2021
- Ability and willingness to relocate to various locations across the Commonwealth.
- Ability and willingness to work hours that coincide with a typical school day, including some night and weekend hours.
Term of service:
- Two years; this includes a 4-week training program the summer before service begins.
$29,000 Annual Living Allowance
$6,345 Segal Education Award (AmeriCorps)
$4,679 Health Insurance included (approximate)
$40,024 Total compensation package
College Advisers also benefit from professional development opportunities including:
- Fully funded state and national conferences
- Ongoing Professional Development/Training sessions at UVA.
- A large network of College Advising Corps and AmeriCorps alumni and partner institutions
Information on AmeriCorps Partner institutions can be found on the AmeriCorps website.
Selection Process Timeline
Application Opens - December 1, 2020
Application Deadline - January 29, 2021
Interviews with Site Supervisors - March 12, 2021