The Virginia College Advising Corps seeks service-minded, motivated undergraduates in their last semesters to serve as college advisers in our partner high schools. For general questions contact Associate Director Alex Johnston. If you want perspective on the position from a current adviser or have questions about a specific placement, please contact the current adviser at that school.
- A Bachelor’s Degree obtained in:
- 2021, 2022 or 2023
- Ability and willingness to relocate to various locations across the Commonwealth.
- Ability and willingness to work hours that coincide with a typical school day, including some night and weekend hours.
Term of service:
- Two years; this includes a multiple-week pre-training program the summer before service begins.
$34,000 Annual Living Allowance for a July start date, paid bi-weekly. For later start dates, living allowance will be pro-rated.
$6,895 Segal Education Award (AmeriCorps)
$4,679 Health Insurance included (approximate)
$45,574 approximate total compensation package
College Advisers also benefit from professional development opportunities including:
- Fully funded state and national conferences
- Ongoing Professional Development/Training sessions at UVA.
- A large network of College Advising Corps and AmeriCorps alumni and partner institutions
Information on AmeriCorps Partner institutions can be found on the AmeriCorps website.
College Adviser Position Description
Selection Process Timeline For Positions with the 2023-2024 Adviser Cohort (July Start)
Application Open Now.
Apply to join our 2023-2024 Team
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Position Begins: July 2023 with a two-week training period (July 16th-28th)