The Virginia College Advising Corps seeks service-minded, motivated undergraduates in their last semesters to serve as college advisers in our partner high schools. For general questions contact Associate Director Alex Johnston. If you want perspective on the position from a current adviser or have questions about a specific placement, please contact the current adviser at that school.
- A Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 2020, 2021 or 2022
- Ability and willingness to relocate to various locations across the Commonwealth.
- Ability and willingness to work hours that coincide with a typical school day, including some night and weekend hours.
Term of service:
- Two years; this includes a multiple-week pre-training program the summer before service begins.
$30,000 - $32,000 Annual Living Allowance (Final amount dependent on grant funding) for a July start date, paid bi-weekly. For later start dates, living allowance will be pro-rated.
$6,495 Segal Education Award (AmeriCorps)
$4,679 Health Insurance included (approximate)
$41,174- 43,174 Total compensation package
College Advisers also benefit from professional development opportunities including:
- Fully funded state and national conferences
- Ongoing Professional Development/Training sessions at UVA.
- A large network of College Advising Corps and AmeriCorps alumni and partner institutions
Information on AmeriCorps Partner institutions can be found on the AmeriCorps website.
Selection Process Timeline For Positions with the 2022-2023 Adviser Cohort (July Start)
Application Open Now.
Apply to join our 2022-2023 Team
*Note: For best consideration, apply by February 4th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis after February 4th until all positions are filled
First- Round Interviews: January - February 2022
Second-Round Interviews: February 25th, 2022
Position Begins: July 2022 with a two-week training period between July 11th and July 29th, 2022